“Imagination is everything. It’s the preview of life’s coming attractions” – Albert Einstein.
It’s been a while…
I haven’t written in over a month now; it was nice to have a break admittedly, but I missed it a lot! However, I got caught up in life, prioritising other things and I didn’t take the time to sit down and get my thoughts on paper. Sitting here now I realise how much calmer my mind is when I write; it allows to express and remove some thoughts from my hundred-mile-an-hour mind. It puts me in a deep state of serenity, and I realise how it forms a vital part of my mindfulness and meditation. Try it sometime and let me know how you feel.
Anyway, what I really want to share today is how you can shift your mindset to get whatever you want…
Playing the victim.
How many of us throughout our lives have ‘played the victim’ at some point in time? How many of us have perceived life as unfair? How many of us have felt unlucky? How many of us then, have hidden away from taking responsibility of our own life? I know I have…
I used to think this way a lot of the time. I always thought it was unfair when other people got things and I didn’t; when other people did well at things, and I didn’t; why did they get all the luck and I didn’t. Ironically, the more I thought like this, the more it seemed to happen.
The problem is we sometimes continuously think about what we don’t want and then for some reason we’re confused as to why it keeps showing up.
“Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.” – Dr. Wayne Dyer
Start by being grateful.
I have written extensively about gratitude in previous posts, but I cannot emphasise the point enough as to how important being grateful is to live an incredible life.
The concept of Gratitude and shifting your perspective can unshackle your resentment to certain aspects and experiences in your life.
If you change your state, you will inflict transformational change in your life; it’s inevitable. There is scientific principles and biochemical benefits of developing a gratitude mindset. Being grateful is a catalyst the brain uses to achieve an increase of dopamine and serotonin in the brain – neurotransmitters that create those feelings of happiness and contentment. Being grateful literally instigates a change in our brain chemistry.
In other words, if you get grateful for all the good in your life, whatever that is, even if it is just one thing, then more good things will show up. In simple terms; be grateful for a smile, then you will get to experience another one – it’s a compounding effect.
Gratitude cultivates_ Happiness.
The art of visualisation.
There seems to be an unwritten rule at work in the universe whereby when we’re grateful for that which we desire, consciously, we then create it in our life.
“Our brains can’t tell the difference between something we’ve vividly imagined and something we’ve actually experienced.” – Tony Robbins.
The idea then, is that we are grateful for what we want in advance of actually having it. I don’t mean by being grateful for a future point in time, but instead be grateful for what you want as if you already have it. Use the art of visualisation to create what you want in your life. This is the law of attraction that everyone talks about; the law of creation; and the great power of the universe.
So many great people have made reference to the power, and the impact of visualisation; Albert Einstein, Tony Robbins, Will Smith, Jim Carrey, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Oprah Winfrey, just to name a few.
If they have access to this power, then so do we… right?
Believe, and no matter what, never give up!
A vision without belief, is merely a thought that passes by…
There is a huge difference between ‘thinking something’ and ‘knowing something’. The point here is that once we’ve visualised what we want, we have to actually believe and really feel as if we already have it. Set that intention and then believe that it is real. Act as if you already have that which you desire, this will shift your vibrational frequency – live in those positive vibes and just feel great; then watch what you want just show up in your life. You cannot receive in life, what you are not ready for.
A dream without action, is just another fantasy…
When we believe that our intentions, our visualisations are real and we ‘know’ that there are going to happen, it does not just mean we can sit there and do nothing. We can’t sit and visualise our perfect life and then just sit and watch Netflix for the next five years. In order for the law of attraction to work in our power, we still have to work extremely hard to manifest that which we want.
I love the way that Jim Carrey conveys this principle: “That’s the thing, you can’t just visualise, and you know, go eat a sandwich.” As humorous and light-hearted as ever in ‘Jim’s’ unique manner.
The point is, set your intention and then take immediate action towards it. This will catalyse a series of events towards your visualisation. You still have to work hard!!
Many of us have had dreams and then wondered why they haven’t happened, or what is taking so long, or if they’re even possible. That’s because sometimes we dream but we’re slightly optimistic in our timeframe and it doesn’t necessarily happen when we imagined.
We cannot let this stop us; the most important thing is just to enjoy your time along the way and your dream is real then no matter what, never give up. It might not have come to fruition yet, but I promise you it will, if you keep going.
You can be, do, or have whatever you want in life; just make it happen and believe that it will.
I’ve read a lot of messages about the law of attraction by people who have never really demonstrated or utilised its potential. I have also read a lot of messages on the subject by people who have achieve a phenomenal amount of happiness and abundance in their lives.
I would much rather sit within the later; so, I’m going to share with you a few examples of how I’ve manifested what I want into reality. Just for clarity, this is not a que to gloat and revel in glory, I am very grateful for my life, I am just sharing this so you can see how this manifestation malarkey actually works!
- Throughout my entire final year of university, as part of my morning gratitude and visualisation routine, I would say to myself: “I’m so grateful I graduated with a ‘First’; I’m so grateful I graduated with 85%; and I’m so grateful that I graduated highest in the class.” Guess what? – I graduated with a First; I graduated with 86%; and I graduated highest in the class by a considerable margin. Did it just happen overnight? – No, I worked extremely f*cking hard, but I knew I could do it.
- I heard about students graduating from university and walking straight into 6-figure salary jobs; so again, throughout my entire final year I visualised earning that 6-figure salary. Guess what? – Whilst I don’t earn a 6-figure salary, I got a job in which I have a yearly package value of 6-figures. Again, did this just happen? – No, I worked so hard!
- At the age of 22 I had visited 8 countries, but I have liked hundreds and hundreds of travel pictures on social media, dreaming of going on them myself; so daily I visualise myself on a beach, drinking coffee, or standing at the top of mountain, or on the edge of a lake in some spectacular locations and guess what? – In just 3 years I have visited a further 15 countries, going on some life-changing trips to_ Slovenia, Canada, New Zealand, and Iceland to name a few. What did I do? I had a vision, and I took action towards it; I just booked a flight!! Am I lucky? No – but I am so blessed.
- For two years I visualised making half a million in 2019 and guess what? – Well I didn’t quite achieve this one, but I did purchase a couple of properties worth a few-hundred thousand (pounds); I think I’ll accept that, and I am so grateful for it.
- I have been terrified of heights my entire life and I vowed never, ever to skydive. However, I was determined to triumph over my fear, so what did I do? – I booked a skydive, and not a little one, I went all the way to twenty-thousand feet; I worried the entire week leading up to it, wondering what I would do if I ‘bailed out’. However, what I also did was spend each morning visualising myself jumping out of that plane, loving it and landing with two feet on the ground. And guess what? – I jumped out that plane with a smile on my face, then my heart froze for a second when I realised there was nothing stopping me from falling all the way to the ground and then I had the most blissful experience of my life and then what… No, I actually landed on my ass. But this is an example of how to use the power in such a short space of time.
- For three years I visualised my perfect relationship with someone who I can share my life experience with; and throughout my young adult life I always said that there is only one person who I could really trust, and be myself around, little did I know that a few years later, I would fall for my best friend and she is an absolute dream. I am so grateful that we get to go on this journey together now. The law of attraction is at work whether we realise it or not…
So perhaps you’re wondering if this is all about self-achievement then? Well no, not exactly…
Daily, I am grateful for my Mum, my Dad, my family and friends and that they are living a life of their dreams, on their terms and of an abundance of happiness, love and fulfilment.
And daily, I visualise myself contributing and raising over a £1million to charitable causes in my lifetime – I’m currently approaching £10k, so I have a long way to go, but I’m on my way…
Use this power for the good of everyone you know – and for those that need it a little more.
“If you’re not making someone else’s life better, you’re wasting your time here.” – Will Smith.
7 steps to manifesting whatever you want.
Different people and different mind have different processes for manifesting the life of their dreams; all are based on similar principles, but I thought I’d share with you my five simple steps I like to use:
- Decide and commit to make transformational change.
- Be grateful for everything you’ve experience so far and for this opportunity in life.
- Visualise the life of your dreams, or something you desire.
- Believe you can achieve it and then really ‘feel’ as if you already have.
- Take action towards it straight away, don’t wait until tomorrow.
- Never give up before it exists as your reality; if you really want it, it will happen.
- Embrace that dream, that desire you’ve just manifested; laughing and excited about what you just achieve, and the endless possibilities in this world.
I regularly listen to ‘Fearless Soul’ on ‘Spotify’ and one of my favourite quotes, which I never forget is_ “Whatever we perceive as reality, becomes our reality.” Just think about that for a second; if we can see it in our minds then there is absolutely nothing preventing us from manifesting it into our existence. We create our own reality! So, manifest whatever the f*ck you want.
In light of everything you’ve just read, I want to end on a slightly different note…
Your purpose in life will be whatever mission you choose for yourself; your life will be what you create through the eyes of your consciousness.
Don’t miss out on your entire life waiting for something to show up in the future. Don’t live your life in the future and forget to experience it along the way. There’s nothing wrong with being excited about the future, constantly visualising a life that doesn’t yet exist in reality; this is blissful too – but make sure to love your life along the way, on your journey through time. True happiness has, and always will be, a journey, not a destination.